Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Leland, Michigan

They really are best friends...
The game Beau and Tess made up in the yard.This photo is soooo Violet.
The best small town parade- the 'ladies' put down boards and were tap dancing- hah! This was our first trip to Leland since my grandfather passed away. It was supposed to be a 7 day trip but was cut way short because the forecast was rain for several days and this small town (although beyond lovely) has no rainy-day option for 2 little wild men. Still- we packed the time we had with fun, a parade, swimming at the beach, shopping in fishtown, playing at the parks and just hanging out in the yard on the channel with family. I have so many memories of playing in this yard and hanging out here with my family and grandparents. It was awesome to see my boys have the same experience. This place matters so much to me and I am hoping it will matter to my boys too. It is a lovely place to be named after if I do say so myself ;)
Unbelievably sweet (and round).
Violet Jane
My mom
fishing off the dock with a net... I did this when I was a little girl.
'Uncle Wy with Violet'... I have years of swing pictures on this porch.
Two littlest. I LOVE this photo...
Hands down the best part of the trip was watching Beau play with his cousins. At one point, Violet and Beau (who fight a lot) were screaming back and forth 'I love you'---'no you don't- I love you' from their time out posts... funny!

No comments: