Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh how I love/can't stand them

We were stuck at home for nearly a month... First we were mostly home for good reasons- holidays, no preschool, avoiding all of the holiday craziness at the places we usually 'play'. Then, Leland got this horrible virus...then, Beau had his surgery...then... Beau got the same horrible virus. Leland being 2.5 and off his schedule was unbelievably challenging and Beau's activity level continues to require soo much moving. Ryan went back to work exhausted and I was wondering why my kids were so 'bad' (which I really don't believe but geez). This week is our first 'normal' week. I got used to being home full time, doing the mommy thing around the clock and was once again reminded of how lucky I am to be able to stay home with my kids. There are so many reasons why I value this- what I know about attachment and think is best for my kids, the time I get to spend being tortured by them ;), and the 'job' that I have at the center where I can stay home if I am needed. I will probably be staying home with all 3 next year and I am so grateful that the people at CTS value mothering, support my decision and say 'your people first' :), that my husband says he 'couldn't do it' (about staying home). It's true, my job reminds me of how important a Mama is. I see people spending their adult life longing for this intimacy, to be known and to be loved. That is my first job and I have never been more grateful/terrified to nurse/rock/scold/carry/wipe/sing/read/play with these wild crazies. We have encountered a 'tricky' stage in both of our children so you will probably hear me remind myself often that I believe they are good little people and I will survive them. I hope.

No comments: