
I have read dozens of posts on our new president and what it means for our country and for our children. I thought I would offer my own insights as this is a big moment for my family as well. The most touching thing that I have heard was from none other than Whoopi Goldberg (very intellectual but still:) when she said that she felt like she could 'finally put her suitcase down'. Nightly I pray for the future of our family. This prayer is for Beau and baby 2 and their brother or sister that will most likely be brown skinned. I worry, naturally, about that baby of mine feeling different and facing the challenges of being dark skinned in this country. Tuesday, the future of all of my babies changed. Honestly, I do not anticipate any of my children being president (please), but the fact that there is a black man leading this country changes my worries and offers some new hope. I'm praying that in a few years when me meet our next member, he or she can also put the suitcase down and my heart is comforted by the timing of our family, the strength of our generation and the recognized equality of all of God's babies. No politics here, just hope.
4 comments:
Amen, very beautifully said.
That's really nice, good for you.
All my daughters are so wonderfully thoughtful.. Thak you for saying what I was thinking. Love, Mom
All my daughters are so wonderfully thoughtful.. Thak you for saying what I was thinking. Love, Mom
Post a Comment