Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Big 2 year old...

I bought Beau a potty at target yesterday and tonight he said he 'need go potty'. Leland was in the tub and when Beau stood up, he had indeed gone potty. He wanted to call everyone and tell them. We will see if the trend continues. I was not planning on potty training for some time but if he wants to- I'm not stopping him. I can't believe how grown up he is. He was talking about noses tonight and I asked him how many noses there were. He counted mine, his own and brothers. 1...2...3 noses. Hmmm. He also can count to 10, say his ABC's and he is beginning to figure out emotions. I tried to take him to see my sisters show this week (Beauty and the Beast) but in the hallway on the way in, we saw the Beast from the back and he slowly turned around. Beau was as scared as I have ever seen him, howling and squeezing me tight and sobbing "No thank you" "too scary" "no thank you"... He loves to say "Oh my goodness" "watch-a-me" "Wow" "momdooooing" (what's mama doing?) and everything is still "I NEED"- often he will say "I need sip of Mama's coke." I know the 2's are sometimes terrible but I find this age so much more enjoyable than the 1's. We are having a good phase at our house. That baby is sweet as he can be too. This summer has been crazy, both wonderful and sad and I am grateful that the boys haven't pushed me over the edge... yet ;)

3 comments:

Paul Melillo said...

Yeah Beau!

Happy House of Hixson said...

Sometimes I like to call people after I go potty and tell them all about it too.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

good job big boy!!!!